Poster Design & Presentation
If you’ve been asked to design and present a poster at a scientific or research event, this practical workshop will help you create something that hits the mark.
About this course
Posters can be a powerful way to present your research, ideas, and findings at conferences and meetings, but designing a poster that is visually interesting and presenting it in a way that holds the attention of your audience can be tricky. That’s where our poster design and presentation workshop comes in.
In this three-part workshop, we’ll make sure that you know what needs to be on your poster, introduce you to tried and tested design rules and new thinking in poster design, how to use modern technology in your poster, how to adapt a poster to your audience, and how to present and discuss your poster orally – all in a way that helps you engage and connect with your audience.
This course will cover:
Part 1: Design skills
- What needs to be on your poster
- How to choose what to include (and what to leave out)
- The basics of graphic design
- Different poster layouts – what works, what doesn’t
- Software for designing your poster
- Adding extra elements to make your poster more engaging
Part 2: Presentation skills
- How to attract readers
- Presenting your poster once you have their attention
- Presenting without notes
- Keeping an eye on your language
- Non-verbal communication
- Giving people something to take-away
Part 3: Bringing it all together
- Poster delivery and individual feedback session
As part of this workshop, participants will produce a poster based on their research or academic work, and they will have opportunities to share, present, and get feedback on their poster.
Scientists, researchers, and subject-matter experts who need to design and present posters at conferences and meetings.
The purpose of this workshop is to help poster designers and presenters learn to create posters that are visually appealing and interesting, and present them in a way that engages listeners, invites questions, and helps scientists and researchers expand their network and share their work.
7.5 hours in three parts
(3 hours, 2 hours, 1.5 hours)
Up to 10
(This allows for individual attention, feedback, and practice)
- Live online using Zoom or similar technology
- In-person at your office or ours
- 1-to-1 coaching
Fancy a chat?
Get in touch and let's talk about how to help you achieve your communication goals.
+43 (0)660 378 2939