Non-verbal Communication for Scientists and Researchers
Learn what people are saying with their non-verbal communication and learn how to be more aware of what you are saying without saying a word.
About this course
Sometimes, what you say without words speaks volumes…
Before we engage with others, we often consider what we want to say, but we rarely think about our body language and non-verbal communication. Research shows that our non-verbal communication has a significant impact on what people understand, the impression we make, and how successful we are getting our message across.
This workshop can be run as a half- or full-day learning event and is designed to help participants understand what non-verbal communication is, how to recognize it, how to control it, and how to use it to build rapport, validate customers, and be more persuasive in all aspects of their lives.
In this interactive workshop, you will learn to:
- Understand the range of non-verbal behaviours that we call ‘body language’
- Understand the nuances of handshakes and touch
- Understand how your personal style influences your body language
- Match body language to words
- Know how to read facial expressions
- Interpret common gestures
- Interpret eye contact
- Understand power poses
- Become aware of the differences in body language across cultures
This workshop is suitable for scientists, researchers, and faculty members who want to understand and use non-verbal cues to become better all-round communicators.
The purpose of this workshop is to show you how to avoid unconsciously sabotaging yourself through negative non-verbal communication. You’ll also learn how to read non-verbal signals and control your own body language to build rapport , increase personal impact, and become a better all-round communicator.
Up to 12
- Live online using Zoom or similar technology
- In-person at your office/premises or ours
- 1-to-1 coaching
Fancy a chat?
Get in touch and let's talk about how to help you achieve your communication goals.
+43 (0)660 378 2939