Writing for Digital Audiences
There is a bit difference between academic or scientific writing, and writing content that will be read and shared online. In this one-day workshop, we’ll help you develop the skills you need to write for and connect with digital audiences.
About this course
This two-part online or in-person workshop is designed to help scientists and researchers develop the skills they need to write and share their knowledge effectively online by keeping the audience (reader) in mind.
During this course, you will:
- Become more aware of your audience and their needs
- Understand why different digital channels need different content, how to choose the right channel for your needs, and how to create content for that channel
- Learn how to simplify complex content, adapt your work, and share it in plain language to make it engaging and accessible
- Learn tools and techniques to make your writing stronger and more effective/useful in a variety of digital channels
- Learn why multi-media content works for online audiences and how to create it
- Gain access to simple templates and writing guidelines to help you keep on top of your writing
- Learn to able to adapt your new skills and awareness when using multi-media digital channels (not just writing)
- Be provided with a wealth of resources to help you create, edit, post, and measure your content
Participants need to bring a piece of their own writing to the training; something you have shared, or want to share, with a non-expert, online, audience. You will use this in the first session, as well as in your “homework”.
This workshop is suitable for scientists, researchers, and subject-matter experts who present need to share their research and work online, with non-expert audiences, in a variety of online channels.
By the end of this workshop, participants will understand the value of plain language, know how to write in an audience-focused manner, and will be able to tailor their content for different online channels and audiences based on their desired outcomes.
8 hours / over two days
Up to 12
(This allows for individual attention, feedback, and practice)
- Live online using Zoom or similar technology
- In-person at your office or ours
- 1-to-1 coaching
Fancy a chat?
Get in touch and let's talk about how to help you achieve your communication goals.
+43 (0)660 378 2939