Presentation Skills Training for Scientists & Researchers
19th January 2021 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm CET€350
As a scientist or researcher, there will be times when you have to present your ideas or research. Whether you are presenting to your peers at a conference, to colleagues at a weekly meeting, to policy makers, to funders, or to non-expert audiences, you need to make sure that the people you're talking to understand what you're saying, and understand why your presentation is relevant to them.
Our presentation skills training course has been specifically designed for scientists and researchers and focuses on helping you build the skills you need to deliver presentations to any audience, with confidence.
What we'll cover
In this one-day, online, interactive workshop, we’ll:
- Assess your existing presentation skills and identify areas for improvement
- Define the objective of your presentation so that you (and your audience) stay on track)
- Become audience-focused presenters who assess the audience before we start writing
- Apply a simple framework that will help you quickly plan your message and structure your presentation
- Craft your presentation’s content in a way the your audience can understand
- Learn how to use creative opening, hooks, power language, and plain language to be impactful and understood
- Work on delivery skills, including voice, body language, non-verbal cues, and “stage presence”
- Look at how to create visuals that support your message
- Discuss how to manage nerves – before and during the presentation!
- Pull everything together to deliver a strong presentation with confidence
- Become adept at “reading” the audience and keeping them engaging
- Learn how to manage Q&A sessions with confidence
- Know what to focus on in “live, in person” presentations, and what works best in “live online” presentations
What to expect
This workshop is all about helping you learn new skills in a small group (maximum 8 participants) and using them immediately.
You’ll have multiple opportunities to present throughout the day, starting with a presentation on a scientific or research-based topic that you prepare before the workshop. During the day you’ll create a new presentation using the skills you learn and you’ll deliver it during the course. Throughout the day, you’ll receive individual feedback from our trainer and fellow-participants. After the course, we’ll send you a recording of your presentations along with a manual filled with tips, our helpful tools for planning and delivering your presentation at speed, and access to online resources to keep your skills in great shape.resources for post-workshop use.
We tailor each course to the needs the participants thanks to our pre-workshop questionnaire, so you’ll learn the skills that are relevant to you.
Who is this for?
This open course has been is specifically designed for scientists and researchers in the academic world or in industry, as well as scientific teams and students in professional or graduate science programmes.
By the end of the day
You will leave this workshop with a set of tools that will help you improve your presentations immediately, and increased confidence in your ability to speak in front of – and share complex information – with both expert and non-expert audiences.
We deliver our courses online using Zoom, so you can participate wherever you are in the world.
Early bird (until 9 Jan 2021) – €350 + VAT
Full – €450 + VAT
Presentation Skills Training for Scientists & Researchers:
19th January 2021 @ 10:00 am – 19th January 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Online via Zoom
Only 8 places left