Writing for Online Audiences
16th February 2021 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm CET€350
You write all the time. As a scientist or researcher, you've learned how to write academic papers and grant proposals for audiences who understand your field and who probably think in a similar way to you. When it comes to writing content for online audiences, things get trickier. Your tone needs to be different. You need to think about how much your readers already know about your topic, and indeed, if they need to know anything at all. And then you need to write in a way that is engaging and "understandable" for the people you want to reach.
This one-day practical workshop will help you understand how to write with your audience in mind, and how to tailor your content for different online channels, including blog posts and web articles, online press material, social media channels, and even video scripting.
What we'll cover
In this one-day, online, interactive workshop, we’ll:
- Become more aware of your audience and their needs
- Understand why different digital channels need different content, how to choose the right channel for your needs, and how to create content for that channel
- Learn how to simplify complex content, adapt your work, and share it in plain language to make it engaging and accessible
- Learn tools and techniques to make your writing stronger and more effective/useful in a variety of digital channels
- Learn why multi-media content works for online audiences and how to create it
- Gain access to simple templates and writing guidelines to help you keep on top of your writing
- Learn to able to adapt your new skills and awareness when using multi-media digital channels (not just writing)
- Be provided with a wealth of resources to help you create, edit, post, and measure your content
Who is this for?
This workshop is suitable for scientists, researchers, and subject-matter experts who need to share their research and work online, with non-expert audiences, in a variety of online channels.
By the end of this workshop:
By the end of this workshop, you will understand the value of plain language, know how to write in an audience-focused manner, and will be able to tailor your content for different online channels and audiences based on your desired outcomes.
We deliver our courses online using Zoom, so you can participate wherever you are in the world.
Early bird (until 6 Feb 2021) – €350 + VAT
Full – €450 + VAT
Writing for Online Audiences:
16th February 2021 @ 10:00 am – 16th February 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Online via Zoom
Only 8 places left