Designing, preparing and facilitating meetings and workshops
If you want to bring a group of people together to generate ideas, plan great things, align attitudes, and make decisions, you may find it a challenge to work out how to get everyone on the same page!
As professional facilitators, we can help you consider things like group dynamics, pre-empt objections, and think about outcomes, and then design conversations and activities to help move the discussion forward. By staying neutral and leaving the content expertise to your team, we can facilitate and moderate events large and small, online and in-person, using a range of proven facilitation techniques.
How we do it
Have a meeting or group discussion in mind?
Typical facilitation projects that we work on include:
- Team and board retreats or away days
- Strategic planning, and progress reviews
- Project planning sessions
- Team building
- Community building
- Organisational development and transformation
- Stakeholder engagement and consultation
- Online meetings, seminars and conferences
- Leadership development and capacity building
- Panel moderation
Methods & tools
We facilitate both virtual and in-room groups (mostly virtual and hybrid now, to be honest) and draw on a rich set of tools and methods to design productive and insightful gatherings, including:
- ICA’s Technology of Participation (ToP)
- The Art of Hosting
- World Café
- Liberating Structures
- Open Space Technology
- Participatory Tools and Techniques
- Narrative Techniques
- Graphic Facilitation
- Embodied Methodologies
- And a whole suite of online tools to engage, involve, and get people talking
As our community association grew, we realised that we were stuck in silos and our rough attempts at creating a proper strategy weren’t helping. When we involved Suzanne, we immediately knew that we were in safe hands. She took the time needed to learn about our organisation, speak to the key stakeholders, and design both a process and conversations that helped up go from no-strategy to a strategy that we all back within a few short weeks. Highly recommended if you need help getting unstuck and moving forward.